Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas is coming!

We decorated the tree on Saturday (this is the earliest we've put it up - I hope it lasts!!!)...Here is the decorating play by play:
...600 white twinkle lights  (I would like one more stand of 200 please!)
...moss green, see-through green, and clear globes (I bought more glass orbs this year from the Bay...they were already 30pct off...if they go cheaper I am going to pounce!)
 ...all the fun colorful ornaments 
...bling! (icicles and snowflakes, mostly homemade bead ornaments + some crystal, some plastic!)
..and this year I decided to try bows (instead of homemade gingerbread men)!  I put them on last...
I don't have a star for the top, or a wrap for the bottom (no rush...)...and I still have to dress the mantle
 ...the tree doesn't have a theme...or a style...I don't actually know how to give it a theme, or style, or decorator's touch...I'm like a kid who has to load it up with everything I got!


It definitely feels like Christmas time around here now!!!

11 comments:

  1. Looks great and the theme is how you see xmas. I really like how you decorated the mantle ... now only if we could find a painting to go over ours!

    The tree is a next week thing for our place. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spot an Eiffel Tower. So perfect! Where did you get it? I also love your little felt/wool person ornament.
    -Jordana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job. How does your men like it especially our little one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx Jordana! The felt people are from Zara Home, and the Eiffel Tower is a key chain (5 for 1 euro)...I picked them up in Paris in the fall!

    http://8foot6.blogspot.com/2010/10/haul.html

    The tree is a big hit around here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely!! how did you get such great close up shots! I need to learn asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just zoom zoom zoom ... i only know the basics...i was in a dark room so i maxed out the exposures and maxed the ISO and zoomed...i think i had it so the background would be blurry...i usually do this...i never change that setting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, it looks great!! I love all the sparkle. I'm the same way, kind of sentimental when it comes to my ornaments. I want them ALL to go on the tree, no matter what colour or shape!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely getting in the mood for Christmas now! This looks great. After our party, I will get started.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely getting in the mood for Christmas now! This looks great. After our party, I will get started.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just zoom zoom zoom ... i only know the basics...i was in a dark room so i maxed out the exposures and maxed the ISO and zoomed...i think i had it so the background would be blurry...i usually do this...i never change that setting...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I spot an Eiffel Tower. So perfect! Where did you get it? I also love your little felt/wool person ornament.
    -Jordana

    ReplyDelete